Presently I am only making one type of deodorant. In the near future I hope to make another brand of deodorant and be changing out some of the base oils and essential oils with others to address the fact that some people are allergic to some ingredients. For instance, today I met a woman who is allergic to hemp oil. There are plenty of other fine options I can use instead of hemp so you can expect my next batch to be made using other oils. I am also seeking other recipes that might work for the few who are not able to use deodorant with baking soda as their skin is sensitive to high alkaline levels.
The ingredients in California Mountain Deodorant:
- Baking Soda: the Ph in baking soda creates an unappealing environment for body odor producing bacteria
- Organic Aloe Vera Juice (may occasionally contain trace food grade preservatives including Citric Acid)
- Tapioca: Starch made from cassava root, used as a thickening agent and absorbent.
- Witch Hazel (may contain up to 13% Isopropyl Alcohol depending on supplier): An Astringent
- Coconut Oil: Antibacterial
- Hemp Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Bentonite Clay: Absorbent and thickening agent.
- Tea Tree Oil: Antibacterial
- Neem Oil: An Antibacterial
- Frankincense Powder
- Essential Oils of Rosemary, Lavender, Geranium, Lime, Patchouli & Frankincense.
- Xanthan Gum : produced by the fermentation of glucose, sucrose, or lactose.
- T-50 Vitamin E (Tocopherol, thought to work as a preservative)
- Grapefruit Seed Oil (I will be discontinuing the use of this)