FACE MASK FOR MATURE SKIN
My face mask is for us mature ladies. I blended the best natural herbs from traditional knowledge focusing on reaping the benefits of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory powers. This mask is the prefect self-care product for your face, feeding, cleansing and brightening your skin.
My masks can be used with water or you can get fancy and mix with your favorite natural base like yogurt, cucumber, aloe, milk or honey (or a combination. )
A little goes a long way, you only need a teaspoon of mask powder which you mix with with enough liquid for easy spreadability without overly dripping. If it is just water, I’ve found 2 or 3 teaspoons is enough. Allow to stay on skin for about 20 minutes and wash off. The Mature Mask dries on well and you might want to soak your face with a wet washcloth to re-hydrate the mask. Use once or twice a week should be enough.
ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS
- BENTONITE CLAY: Has been studied for its potential to attract and absorb toxins for skin exposed to allergens, poisons, and other skin irritants. It also contains trace minerals like potassium, iron and magnesium which probably helps clay provide an environment inhospitable to bacteria.
- TEPEZCOHUITE ( MIMOSA TENUIFLORA): A sustainable herb used traditionally in Mexico and South America to heal skin. It contains a rich complex of components that may explain it’s positive impact on skin including tannins, alkaloids, lipids and phytosterols.
- HORSETAIL: Is naturally rich in silica, which helps to form collagen while also acting as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant, protecting us from factors that tend to age skin.
Is a natural source of the allantoin, a popular compound in many anti-aging products. It penetrates the skin, moisturizing, smoothing, healing, regenerating and soothing inflammation.
- ST JOHNS WORT: Is traditionally used to heal and regenerate skin cells.
- FLAXSEED MEAL: Acts as a gentle exfoliant that provides Omega-3 to your skin, boosting collagen production and keeping skin soft and elastic. The lignin in Flax seed reduced oxidative stress as well
- ROSE PETALS: Are believed to help soothe the skin and mind.
- CALENDULA: A rich source of carotenoids, in studies Calendula tightened skin and improved skin elasticity, enhanced skin hydration. It was also noted that lotion with Calendula reduced age spots and decreased build up of sebum.
- GREEN TEA: Is a powerful antioxidant, rich in polyphenol & catechins. Emulsions with green tea showed to lessen wrinkles, roughness and scaliness. Additionally, green tea reduced melanin build up and improved hydration.
- CARROT POWDER: Provides Beta-Carotene to the mix of healthy things for your skin, both inside and out. Beta-carotene protects your skin from free radicals
- ROSEHIPS AND ROSEHIP OIL: Are all about the antioxidants. Including hydro-soluble and lipid-soluble antioxidants. The potential benefit of rose hips and rose hip oil is extensive and well studied. It impact on wrinkles and cell longevity is compelling (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5485961/)